Agents of SHIELD: The Ghost
Season 4, Episode 1
Watch at Amazon Video
Wow, I just looked back through my posts and discovered that the last time I talked about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was on October 4, and that was just a promo for my little MAOS store. Before that, I had finally finished my thoughts about Absolution and Ascension just a couple hours prior to the season 4 premiere. I've been mum since. I've certainly been vocal over on Twitter, though, and that's why I wanted to gather all my thoughts from there and post them here.
But a whole thing happened where I just had no time at all, with my work, starting a business, the holidays, cleaning the basement nearly every weekend, an enormous post about The Walking Dead's mid-season finale, and then my mom going to the hospital again; she's doing much better now, thank you. But it was just one thing after another and all at once. Now I have 15 of these tweetcaps saved up for MAOS alone and 4 other shows to take care of, too. As of this moment, there are 56 drafts waiting for me to do something, anything, with them and 2 more about Doctor Strange and Logan, which I saw and adored and was messed up emotionally by last night.
Good grief! I was already writing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Blacklist, and Doctor Who. What was I thinking adding The Walking Dead and Supernatural into the mix? I think I know the answer to that. I wasn't really thinking. It was pure emotion because I adore all these shows, and thoughts bounce around in my brain, not letting me sleep very well, until I write them down. It's exhausting. I'll be catching up with these from now until the end of the summer...or the end of time. Good thing at least this one is kind of short. They aren't all like that.
I almost always contribute to the Marvelverse Podcast from AcrossTheAirwaves.com and they are kind enough to read my nonsense on air. I encourage you to do the same. All comments denoted with an asterisk (*) are thoughts I just added and are not included in the podcast.
ATA: "THE GHOST" TWEETS
@AcrossAirwaves @IHeartCoulson I don't know if you're still doing the #AgentsofSHIELD/Marvelvese podcast since I haven't seen mention of it, but just in case...
It's back, it's back, it's back! And that means more #AgentsofSHIELD podcasts from Across the Airwaves! Already? How did that happen? Where did the summer go? I'm ecstatic about this, but it seems like we just left S.H.I.E.L.D. not long ago at all. Maybe that was because of the insane amounts of time I've spent finally posting about the last twelve episodes of season three. And I wasn't even doing huge reviews, like I tend toward, but just reposting the tweets I sent you guys since "Bouncing Back"...and many times adding a lot more commentary.
That was the only way I was going to get anything about those episodes up on my blog. I had unintentionally neglected Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for far too long. I made it just under the wire today with the last one, sacrificing much of my work day to get it done. But now I'm exhausted. All of this for the past couple of weeks actually felt like it was killing me, all the hours I spent long past bedtime. My achy everything is starting to feel better, though, so onto the tweets?
So, don't mess with Ghost Rider, I guess, would be the lesson here. Unless you want your spine removed. 10 pm move makes sense.
* Much later on, months later, I heard the 10 pm move wasn't good for the show. I had been joking about the new time slot, especially since that made it harder for me to get all the tweets done by a normal bedtime. I'm exhausted from all the tweeting I do for the four (sometimes five) shows I cover. Hopefully, it goes back to 9 pm next season. We're going to have to help it get there, though, with the hashtag #RenewAgentsofSHIELD.
The glow behind the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo looks so good. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* And not just the cool, fiery glow, but there was also a low, evil growl that sounded like the Hell Charger and fire and stalking death.
Mack mentioned Lola! When's the last time I heard her name? #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* Look at Mack longing to get his hands on Lola, that beauty with all the custom parts. Must be killing him.
Orders to kill? Don't you even entertain the idea! #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* I know Coulson would never to anything to hurt Daisy, and Mack is definitely not likely to unless he had no choice. But I'm not quite sure about May. She'll do what needs to be done even if it hurts. Just trying to get ahead of this crazy notion.
"They say when a rider burns you, he burns your soul. And a soul can never heal." Well, that's not good then. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
Unless you're a bad guy. Then that's fantastic.
"Wow. A lot of new faces." I was about to say the same, Mack. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
SADIST and WIMP. I love the new acronyms. 😂👍❤️ #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* After all these months, I had forgotten what SADIST and WIMP stood for. "Special Advisor to the Director in Science and Technology" and "Widespread Infiltration Monitoring System." I love starting the day with laughs. Speaking of laughs, there was Mack and that exploding pen he ordered.
I don't think I want an exploding pen. I would absentmindedly start clicking it. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* Really. If I was 007, the villain could just wait for me to accidentally kill myself with that thing or any number of gadgets...or for me to trip down a flight of stairs.
"Getting more beautfiul every day." There you go, Davis. Much better answer than your wife is getting bigger every day. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* Beautiful; I hate finding my own typos months later, especially since you can't edit tweets.
"No. That's not what I meant. I meant...what the hell?!" Fitz's reaction is so perfect. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* Priceless. It's like he really was seeing an uncanny vally-crossing android for the first time. That is, of course, because Iain is a fabulous actor.
"They won't give up on you, especially Coulson. All he wants is to find you." That's right! And you two need to hug, dammit! #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
"Everyone's attached to something." The new #AgentsofSHIELD tagline?— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* This was something Elena said and then Daisy repeated twice. I'm attached to so many people in this show. Please don't take any more of them away. But if it has to be that way and serves the story then I won't complain...too much. I'm along for this crazy ride wherever the writers want to go. You know, as long as they don't kill Coulson again. Can you imagine if they did that after everything the fans went through the first time?
"Not fair."— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
"You want tech like this, you shoulda cut off your *own* hand."
So, Coulson losing his hand was ultimately a good thing. 🤔
* That was a funny comment, but I heard some residual anger in those words. Coulson will always be grateful that Mack saved his life, but he'll probably never quite get over how it had to be done. And so, we get wonderful little teasing moments like this.
Flesh-hungry rage monster? With everything they've been through, that wouldn't be unusual at all. "Next time on Zombie #AgentsofSHIELD."— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
"I knew we would be divided, undermined, kept in the dark. So, I have been clawing for as much power as I can possibly grab to keep a modicum of control over any of this!"
—Simmons to May, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: "The Ghost"
"I don't trust the new director, but he trusts me."— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
Bossy Simmons is my new favorite Simmons. #AgentsofSHIELD
"I'm not the one who decides." Looks like a comfortable transformation there. 😬😳😱 #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
* What transformation am I talking about? Ghost Rider's, of course. But I already used the pic at the top of the post.
No, you don't deserve it! Six months later and you still think that? Damn it, Daisy. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
For a second I thought Yoyo had already bought a Ghost Rider case for her phone. #AgentsofSHIELD— Erin Bates (@Reinbeast) September 21, 2016
I would have more for you, but it's hard enough to pay attention to the show while tweeting; when you're behind by 20 minutes and the one who hogs the remote is skipping all the commerials, it's even more ridiculous. And now that all that's done, I can go to bed. Or at least I thought so before a spider crawled up my wall and then fell behind my bed. So, I guess I'll stay up all night or try to sleep in the living room. The chair is terrible for sleeping, though. :-(
* I somehow forgot to mention the very end of this episode before I signed off that day back in September. So creepy, disturbing, and unexpected. I wasn't going to add scenes that I didn't mention already in my tweets, so as not to make the nearly five dozen upcoming posts take any longer to finish, but this was a huge oversight. So, I'll forgive myself just this one time.